Friends of the KU Field Station
The mission of the Friends of the KU Field Station is to:
- provide public opportunities for outdoor environmental education through nature walks, workshops and conservation programs;
- raise awareness of the Field Station as a place where people can explore a natural setting where research is emphasized;
- and build a broad base of financial support from individuals and organizations.
The Friends group is being formally initiated by the Kansas Biological Survey in the fall 2012 academic semester. Gifts are made through KU Endowment. All contributions of any size are gratefully received and tax-deductible.
Members will receive periodic announcements, via email whenever possible, from Survey Director Ed Martinko about activities at the Field Station and related opportunities available to members. Members will be invited to activities such as wildflower and birding walks, and special events. All giving society members will be invited to an annual luncheon and discussion with Field Station administrators about research, activities and plans related to the Field Station.
The Survey will continue to develop the Friends program and related benefits, such as possible discounts on workshops and courses, and opportunities to volunteer at events. To learn more about the Field Station and find complete trail maps, please visit kufs.ku.edu.
What your gifts support
- Maintenance and development of the Field Station’s public trail system.
- Field trips for Kansas and area school children, seniors and other area groups.
- Special training for K-12 public school teachers.
- Workshops open to the public.
- Conservation, preservation and restoration of the Field Station’s diverse natural areas.
- Other Field Station outreach efforts, including the development of informational materials.
Annual membership giving levels
Annual Giving Societies
Botany Bluff Society $100-$499
Charles and Sara Robinson Society $500-999
Henry S. and Virginia R. Fitch Society $1,000 and up
Joining the Friends is easy. You may join online at the KU Endowment website or print and mail your membership form.
When you give online, you may indicate your preference to make your gifts in installments via automatic bank transfer, or credit or debit card. If you are mailing in your membership form and wish to make your gift in installments, please note your preference on the form or contact KU Endowment using the email or telephone number on the form.
Does your employer match charitable contributions? Remember to request a match and double your gift to the Field Station. You can request a match whether you give online or mail in the membership form.
Please call the main number of the Kansas Biological Survey, 785-864-1500, or email us at FieldStationFriends@ku.edu.
In partnership with the KU Field Station, businesses and organizations support ecological education for people of all ages, receive brand recognition and demonstrate environmental responsibility by investing in long-term conservation of natural resources. To become a sponsor, please contact:
Associate Director, Kansas Biological Survey
Outreach Coordinator, KU Field Station
Assistant Vice President for Constituent Development
Director of Development Research